Re: Introduction of media types for XML DTDs

Ned Freed wrote:

> I agree. And I'm sorry, but the argument that "people expect DTDs to be
> displayed as text" just doesn't wash -- technical experts (who are capable
> of configuring their agents to do anything they want)'

On the contrary; it is a weakness of current browsers that there
is no way to tell them "Display such-and-such a media type as
text/plain in the main window."

> the average user doesn't know diddly about XML or DTD and doesn't want a
> bunch of incomprehensible stuff displayed on his or her screen.

The average user probably will never fetch a document of type
*/xml-dtd.

--
	John Cowan	http://www.ccil.org/~cowan	cowan@xxxxxxxx
Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! / Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau,