Re: reason for application/iotp-xml

> When you have a universal video tool, and a universal XML browser, what
> do you do with video/blah-xml? (Or should that be xml/blah-video?)

good question.  offhand, I'd say video/ takes precedence for presentation
purposes.  it's difficult to imagine any kind of generic XML tool
doing a good job at presentation for anything other than text objects...
and after all one reason that universal video, audio, and image presentation
tools exist is that it's nice to have the same user interface regardless
of subtype.

OTOH, an indexer for a search engine might give more precedence to the -xml
suffix.

Keith