Re: Some text that may be useful for the update of RFC 2376

> So: are we really *really* sure that we have to default to US-ASCII,
> or <important>that we have to default at all</important>?

if you have a charset parameter, it should be consistent with the
charset parameter for text/plain.  this is so that mail user agents
that don't understand text/xml can fallback to handling it as
text/plain, including their treatment of the charset parameter.

Keith