Re: Some text that may be useful for the update of RFC 2376

Keith - I'm confused.

At 10:42 00/03/15 -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
> > Are you saying that each format should invent their own rules for
> > indicating the charset?
>
> that's how MIME parameters work.

I don't think the 'charset' parameter works that way.
Either you use it, the way it's defined, or you don't.

> trying to coerce every data format into a common set of rules is
> much more difficult, and highly unlikely to succeed.

Trying it for *every* data format is a bad idea.
But trying it for most formats, or a class of formats, usually works.

Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, I18N Activity Lead, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@xxxxxx   http://www.w3.org/People/D%C3%BCrst