RE: MIME types and content negotiation

Chris Lilley wrote,
> For example it also means that I can't say
>
> Accept: image/cgm;Version=4;ProfileId="webcgm";q=0.8,
> image/cgm;Version=1;ProfileId=*;q=0.3

The only thing that looks wrong here is the 'ProfileId=*' bit.
But http allows for selection based on parameters.

> What do other folks think about being able to say "all the
> stuff with -xml"

The parameter approach would have text/xml and application/xml
match generic xml, and, eg.,

 application/xml;app="svg"

match svg in particular.

Cheers

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                       Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect        5/6 Glenthorne Mews