Re: Finishing the XML-tagging discussion

> I'm still looking for damage, though I'm concluding more and more that
> there simply isn't any, and that this discussion is only circling.

let me put it this way: some people are quite happy to pollute the MIME
content-type space, and to alter existing dispatching mechanisms and
existing content-negotiation mechanisms, in order to establish an ad hoc
recognition scheme for XML objects as quickly as possible.  others are
more concerned about the longevity of the overall MIME architecture and
want to see that the likely effects of such changes are carefully
considered before such changes are widely adopted or endorsed.

Keith