Re: Finishing the XML-tagging discussion

At 11:10 AM 3/20/00 -0800, Marshall Rose wrote:
> If we absolutely have to do this with a separate piece of information, I
would
> opt for a content-feature tag. That way there's a clear delineation
between
> when feature information is or is not present, and we don't mess up MIME
> parameter space. And we need the feature tag anyway for negotiation
purposes.

hmmm.  my view of the example above is that XML is being used as the syntax
but the semantics of the blob being passed are still SVG semantics.

A closer MIME analogue to this would appear to me Content-transfer-encoding. Thus, precedent suggests a separate header being the way to go *IF* a separate piece of information is required.

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@xxxxxxx)