Re: Some text that may be useful for the update of RFC 2376

In message "Re: Some text that may be useful for the update of RFC 2376",
Keith Moore wrote...
 >> I don't think the 'charset' parameter works that way.
 >> Either you use it, the way it's defined, or you don't.
 >
 >charset is defined for text.  it's not defined for other types.
 >application/* types can define a charset parameter any way they want.
 >(so, for that matter, could audio/*, video/*, or model/*, but
 >that seems less likely)

Right.  But RFC 2046 mentions the possibility of using the charset
parameter for other top-level media types.

----
MURATA Makoto  muraw3c@xxxxxxxxxxxxx