RE: Verify

Arnaud:

I do not understand your question.  What file.  This combination cannot be
used with verify, it is a Diffie-Hellmann encryption certificate.  A better
choice, if you have no preference is to use one of the DSA logins (I do not
demonstrate any DSA logins in this manner).  The before-mentioned RSA
certificate will work.  The following file combination will also work:

./certs.d/DSAFreeGroup1User2.out  	                  for the
certificate
./certs.d/privateTC.d/dsaFreeGroup1_User2X_8.dat      for the private key
ElmoRocks                                             for the password

As to a file, are you referring to a demonstration file to verify?  If so,
any of the free3 CTIL test case results will work (many of the config files
reference RSA logins, you will have to comment out the RSA login from the
config file if you build your own message).  If you use any of the existing
"sd" files under "./test/hilevel/Consume/data_??" that reference both free3
and rsa CTILs, the verify will simply verify only the free3 DSA component if
that is the only login available.  You can tell what signatures were used by
editing the matching "./test/hilevel/Create/*.cfg" file for that test case.
I am sending an example file to you (attached "sd"); any sm_free3 login
should be able to verify this message.  This example comes from
"./test/hilevel/Create/SignedData_004NoParams.cfg" and verifies using
"./test/hilevel/Consume/Verify_004.cfg".

If you are referring to an example using the CSM_MsgToVerify class,
demonstrating its use, see "sm_CLMsgToVerify.cpp"; look at the "Check()"
method.  The "Fill()" method simply loads the class data from a config file
with ASCII strings; you application will simply load the same data
differently.

An alternative example for using the CSM_MsgToVerify class exists in a
utility we do not presently deliver in the SFL release:  report_tool.  This
utility will take any command line listed file, address book, login config
file (our existing file will work fine, I can create 1 for you specifically
for the free3 CTIL) and dump the SignedData, verify the result and report
its findings.  The login is the only config file used.  You are welcome to
this source code and project if you are interested (it has not been tested
on Unix, but should build easily).

Bob.