Emaill address in a certificate

Hello
I'm trying to create a certificate using the SFL v1.5.
I successded creating a DSA certificate useing the 'auto_hi' tests project
without an eMail address in it, but I failed creating a certificate that has
an eMail address in it.
Useing the CML v1.6 I viewed at a certificate issued by VeriSign and the
eMail address was part of the subject DN,
and there was no SubjectAltName extension.
When I tryed to create a new DSA certificate with an eMail address in the
subject DN
'subject_dn=emailAddress=Alon@xxxxxxxxxx@C=US@O=US Government@OU=VDA
Site@OU=VDA@CN=Alon Barak DSA'
or
'subject_dn=E=Alon@xxxxxxxxxx@C=US@O=US Government@OU=VDA
Site@OU=VDA@CN=Alon Barak DSA'
it fialed since the SFL do recodnaise the 'E' or 'emailaddress' prifix.
so...
1. Who do I add the eMail address the the DN and to the extensions ?
2. What is the right way add the the eMail address to a certificate that
will be recodnaise by the common mailers as a valid certificate,
   is the way that VeriSign does it in the DN, or in the extensions ?

Alon Barak
Vanguard Security Technologies Ltd.
Tel: 972-4-9891311 (Ext. 221);
Fax: 972-4-9891322