From: Colestock, Robert
To: 'imc-cml@xxxxxxx';'Ahmed Bhamjee '
Sent: 12/12/2000 1:41 PM
Subject: RE: UKM size in the SMIME Freeware Library v1.8

Ahmed:

You are absolutely correct.  I had to dig up the rfc2631 specification
for
DH to determine the actual UserKeyMaterial size.  128 byte length works
fine, but is not correct to the specification.  Thank you for pointing
this
out.  If you wish to change your copy, simply update the variable
"SM_FREE_RA_SIZE" in ./alg_libs/sm_free3/sm_free3.h from 128 to 512 and
re-build.  Our next release will have the updated size.  This has been
tested on ESDH operations and now produces the appropriate sized
PartyAInfo
structures (only used for the wrap hash).

Thank you
Bob Colestock
VDA.