inclusion of the IDEA algorithm

Dear all,

I am wonderig whether in the SFL there are any problems in including the IDEA algorithm for symmetric content encryption. As from the SFL software design, the High-Level libary should not include algorithm specific logic. Hence, if one provides a crypto token that supports IDEA, and bind it to the high-level library, everything should work fine. Is this correct?
Can anybody please confirm or reject my reasoning?

I recently posted a question concerning the GNU public licence but didn't get any answer yet. Any idea on this topic?

Thanks for help

Marco Scarsi