RE: Réf. : RE: SMTI_Encrypt (SMTI_EncryptCryptoPP)

Eric:

I did not notice the reset command in sm_free3.cpp SMTI_Encrypt.  Sorry, but
we have hardcoded the encryption capability to certain constants for all
content encryption.  Over these past few years I have been modifying the
code to accept various lengths on input and output (in some cases) to
accommodate customer's needs.  As to the input, the key length could
probably be made to accommodate only the length specified by the user, but
the problem I ran into was that many key lengths were short.  We have no API
interface item to specify the encyrption key length so it was made a
constant.  In your case, simply modify the code to accommodate only the
length specified on the input (as in the decyrption side).  Please let me
know if this works.  I can modify the sm_free3.cpp source to accommodate set
key lengths, so if a key is less than 5 for example, I would set it to 5,
not 16.  This would accommodate everyone, but still provide some integrity
for smaller key lengths.  (Smaller key lengths are especially a problem for
Password Based Protection).

Bob Colestock
VDA