FW: PKCS#12 file containing 2 certificates.

Title: FW: PKCS#12 file containing 2 certificates.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colestock, Robert
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 9:33 AM
To: Pawling, John; 'William.Adams'
Subject: RE: PKCS#12 file containing 2 certificates.

William:

Sorry, I did not know that PKCS12 could even contain 2 private keys.  At this time it is not possible in the CTIL design to allow 2 different private keys.  For RSA only, it is possible to sign and encrypt, but it is not possible for us to maintain 2 different private keys (DSA to sign, RSA to encrypt).  The best solution is to produce 2 PKCS12 files, each with their own respective private keys and create 2 different CTIL logins.

Also, the PKCS12 logic has not been fully implemented, I do ignore any certificates beyond the first.  This will be fixed in the future.  The intent is to allow the PCKS12 files to contain a full certificate path, not to allow 2 different private keys.

If you must handle 2 private keys in 1 PKCS12 file, I can investigate changing the CTIL PKCS12 logic (from open-ssl) to allow the input parameters to specify which PKCS12 private key to use.  This will still require 2 CTILs, but allow you to use a single PKCS12 file for both logins.

Bob Colestock
VDA.