From: Colestock, Robert [mailto:Robert.Colestock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 2:42 PM
To: 'Christopher Brown'; imc-sfl@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: compilation error

Christopher:

Sorry, you are on your own with the SNACC "C" library, we no longer support it.  You must read the manual on its complex use of buffers (3 or 4 types, each with their own performance issues).  All of these issues were removed with our modified C++ version.  All you need to do is define (for #define) the appropriate buffer type as described in the manual.  For our older "C" run-time, I believe only 2 types are supported (see the readme).  All of the other definitions are left intact in case any users need to use these features, but it may be necessary to tweak the library.

From the ./SNACC/c-lib/readme

The 3 libararies are:
        libasn1cebuf.a - uses the ExpBufs
        libasn1cmbuf.a - uses the MinBufs
        libasn1csbuf.a - uses the SBufs

Our current release does not even distribute nor build the "C" libs; the older version used to build the CEbuflib and ebuf_lib ONLY.  I would guess you need these compiler settings defined:

USE_NIBBLE_MEMORY=0,USE_EXP_BUF

(from our SNACC workspace settings for Cebuflib project).

Bob Colestock
VDA