From: Alan Borland [mailto:aborland@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 12:34 PM
To: 'imc-sfl@xxxxxxx'
Subject: snacc / indefinite length problems

I've discovered a problem with the macro "DEC_LOAD_ANYBUF(asnType, Bbuf, l)"
defined in  vdasnacc.h and I'm looking fro advise on the fix.  This is my
first week coding with SFL so I'm fairly new to its environment.

This macro calls the function SM_ReadFromAsnBuf and passes in the paramter
'preLoad'.  In my case 'preLoad' contains an indefinite length (0x30 0x00).
Before exiting the function SM_ReadFromAsnBuf it appends 2 to the length
(because its indefinite, see comment RWC 10/24/01), the DEC_LOAD_ANYBUF
macro then also appends 2 to the length (l = len + elmtLen, where len is the
length of PreLoad).

The end result for me is an exception in ContentInfo::BDecContent because
"seqBytesDecoded (707) != elmtLen0 (705)".

Am I looking in the right area?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Alan.

----
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient.  PROTEK Network Management Group and each of its subsidiaries
reserve the right to monitor all email communications through its network.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to
state them to be the views of any such entity.