size of the messages processed

Hello everybody,

I have a question about the maximum size of a message which is to be encrypted / decrypted / signed / veryfied. I haven't met any memory considerations in the documentation. My doubts are:
The SFL keeps all data in the memory during processing?
Is there an alternative to replace the use of memory during processing with the use of some files on the disk?
Or is there a support of using multiple blocks of memory sequentially instead of the whole big message at a time?
Supposing someone would try to encrypt and send a 1GB message or so, what could it happen?
Thank you!

Best regards,
RumburaK