Re: Which "Standard"?

At 8:29 AM -0800 4/1/97, Alan Johnson wrote:
>So, as a developer, which specification should we be developing for?

It's up to you, but I would say "both". vCalendar exists today, and you can
have interoperability with any company that has already implemented it.
iCalendar is coming, but is of course still in flux because things might
change in the spec.

When iCalendar is finished, vCalendar 2.0 will become iCalendar. However,
it is not clear when that will be. For now, vCalendar 1.0 is a solid,
stable base to work from, and it appears that it will not be all that hard
to convert from vCalendar 1.0 to 2.0.

--Paul E. Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium