Re: Which "Standard"?

Alan, you wrote in part:

"Specifically, the Repeat and Exclude Rules have a grammar that's quite
different then vCalendar. Gone are the MP and replaced by BYPOS; MONTHLY
definitions as well as others that have changed around."

Actually, the semantics of the new iCalendar draft capture much of the same
capability as the vCalendar, in terms of the recurrence rule. What is
different is that the recurrence rule is not specified using a different
grammar than the rest of the vCalendar. This was found to be an issue in
early vendor implementation of the vCalendar v1 draft.

I think that we have the best of vCalendar in the new iCalendar draft.

- - Frank Dawson

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
FN:Frank Dawson