Vcalendar or icalendar?

Hi

I wrote to Netscape, that replied
"VCalendar has been replaced by iCalendar.  RFC 2445 / 2446 / 2447"

I read and apply the RFC 2445 and 2446 (icalendar) because I don't
find vcalendar RFC.
Which are the main differences between VCalendar and iCalendar?

It is sufficient to take a icalendar minimal event, replace
VERSION:2.0
with
VERSION:1.0
to have a correct vcalendar event?

If I want to be compatible as much as possible, which format should
I follow?
Which client software on the market support vcalendar and which iCalendar?

Is this vcalendar event correct?
http://eventi.nu/cgi-bin/vcalendar.cgi?id=300&e=gp.godio@xxxxxxxxxxx&df=20000129&de=&t=Seminario%20sulla%20tutela%20delle%20colonie%20feline

(Pay attention that email can split the URL on many lines!)

Best regards, Massimo Sala
Il calendario degli eventi in Italia         http://IT.eventi.nu/
Fiere,conferenze,seminari * Programmi TV * PDF * SMS * Newsletter