RE: Diff bet vCalendar 2.0 & iCalendar

Hi Jenny,

> Can anybody tell me, what is the difference between
> vCalendar2.0 and iCalendar.

Methinks they are one and the same ... as far as I know
iCal and vCal2.0 are spoken of in the same breath ...
see the excerpt (below) from RFC 2445 (the core iCal spec).

I do not know if this RFC (and its companions) have been
declared as the vCal 2.0 spec yet.  Maybe someone else
on this list can clarify that.

I do know that meeting requests generated thru MS Outlook
2000 can be forwarded as 'iCal' messages and they say
'vCal 2.0' in them.

Also, I've come across a reference to vCal 2.1 in the
works.

> What new features have been added in iCalendar??
> Pls send me any sample iCalendar if anybody has.

The excerpt (below) should suffice as the sample.

Alan Miranda
alan@xxxxxxxxxx

This excerpt is from http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2445.txt

----- start of excerpt ---------

The following is an example of a to-do due on April 15, 1998. An
   audio alarm has been specified to remind the calendar user at noon,
   the day before the to-do is expected to be completed and repeat
   hourly, four additional times. The to-do definition has been modified
   twice since it was initially created.

     BEGIN:VCALENDAR
     VERSION:2.0
     PRODID:-//ABC Corporation//NONSGML My Product//EN
     BEGIN:VTODO
     DTSTAMP:19980130T134500Z
     SEQUENCE:2
     UID:uid4@xxxxxxxxx
     ORGANIZER:MAILTO:unclesam@xxxxxx
     ATTENDEE;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED:MAILTO:jqpublic@xxxxxxxx

Dawson & Stenerson          Standards Track                   [Page 138]

RFC 2445                       iCalendar                   November 1998

     DUE:19980415T235959
     STATUS:NEEDS-ACTION
     SUMMARY:Submit Income Taxes
     BEGIN:VALARM