Re: vCard3.0 and vCal2.0

Where's the spec (url?) that mentions the deprecation of the CHARSET attribute?

I've done a lot of research into proper character encoding for XML stuff
(http://www.syndic8.com).  I can tell you, for a fact, many developers don't
really grasp how to properly encode characters when they're not in core ASCII or
ISO-8859-1 format.

If the spec now indicates use of UTF-8 (or UTF-16) it may be possible to express
a reasonably full range of internation characters.  The trick is getting people
that have data to support exporting it *properly* in these encodings.  It's not
hard, per se, but it does involve making use of what can be rather clunky
modules.

-Bill Kearney