Re: The differences

Luis A. Navarrete Ramirez wrote:

Applications support iCalendar should support vCalendar events natively. However, I don't believe that applications that support vCalendar (1.0) will support iCalendar events (vCal 2.0). I know of no implementations of version 3.0 of the standard.

//

Not likely. The recurrence rules, criticial to calendaring, were heavily changed from vCalendar to iCalendar, and I don't see the iCalendar spec attempting to be backward compatible with vCalendar 1.0. So as long as there are no recurrences, very simple (no recurrences, periods, etc) vCalendar/iCalendar objects should be importable/exportable, providing you have a parser that is lenient/forgiving.