Re: Mandatory fields in iCal2.0 and vCard3.0

Hi Jenny,
            I can give some clues about the changes between vCard ver 2.1 &
ver 3.0, I'm sorry I'm not involved in vCalendar developments.
           Mainly there can be two types of changes between two versions
(01) Newly introduced fields in the version 3.0 , and (02) Changes in the
excisting fields.

(01) If we gothrough the two specs following are the new Tags introduced in
version 3.0
                     NICKNAME
                     CATEGORIES
                     PRODID
                     SORTSTRING
                     CLASS

(02) There are some changes in the excisting tags when they are converted to
ver 3.0, following are the changes i went through in my development.
      * Encoding vale for base64 should be changes from "BASE64" in ver 2.1
to "b" in ver 3.0
      * Email Types are changed (eg: IBMMail, etc... are remoned)
      * Post fix honors are added to N tag in ver 3.0
      * etc...

These are the changes as far as i remember.

- Priyantha