Re: Open source projects on vcalendar; vcalendar products?

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Sebastian Rittau wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 11:43:43AM +0100, Rolf E. Sonneveld wrote:
>
> > Excuse me if this has been discussed recently. I have two questions on
> > vcalendaring:
> >
> > 1. does anyone know about open source projects which concentrate on
> > vcalendar?
>
> There are various Open Source projects that use vCalendar as data
> exchange format. KDE includes the KDE-PIM package, which AFAIK can
> export iCalendar files. GNOME includes GNOME-PIM as well as Evolution,
> which both make use of libversit by Apple, AT&T, IBM, and Siemens. I'm
> currently implementing a new library with vCard and iCalendar support that
> will get used by GNOME-PIM and possibly by Evolution. There's also a
> library called libical, which is another Open Source iCalendar
> implementation.

Had a look at libical as was looking for something simple and quick,
ideally perl-based, to help me deal with a flurry of .ics files that have
bounced into my Inbox since an Exchange upgrade at my workplace. While
libical appears to be flourishing, the development of the Perl interface
at reefknot appears to have dried up.

Anyone know different?

Gavin