Re: Question about vCal support in Outlook 2002

In short, Outlook has a horribly broken implementation
for both email and iCal when it comes to anything but
the most basic uses.

Create an event in outlook and email it to yourself to
the concept of what it expects.  Doing web searches will
also yield plenty of sources that talk about Outlook's
limitations (and incompatibilities between the versions).

In short, the iCal component can be the only component
of the email.  It cannot be a multipart/mime message.
It must be a text/calendar message.  See the sources
mentioned above for details.

-- Michael --

"Jamie Ho" <jho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> I hope this is the right mailing list to ask questions about vCal.  The
webapp I work on is currently sending vCals to Outlook as attachments.  Is
there a way to send them such that Outlook renders the e-mail the same way
it renders other meeting requests sent from Outlook?  Do I have to send
vCals as attachments or is there a better way?