[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

some minor 0.2 corrections

I've noticed some minor but important problems in 0.2, based on the maximal feed.

<feed version="0.2" xmlns="http://purl.org/atom/ns#";>

For some wacky reason, under XML namespace rules the version attribute is actually in the unqualified namespace, not the default namespace. It either needs a prefix or be moved to an element to be valid. To be honest, I don't really see why we need it at all, so I suggest removing it (from the final version at least).

<generator name="Movable Type">http://www.movabletype./org/?v=2.64</generator>

This hackneyed name attribute, url body system is inconsistent with our methods for author and contributor and such. I suggest it be changed to line up with them, so something like:

    <name>Movable Type>

(I took the liberty of correcting the URL also.)

<content type="application/xhtml+xml" mode="xml" xml:lang="en-us">

Again we have the attribute problem plus the additional concern of modes and such. I suggest reformulating it like so:

  <xml xml:lang="en-us"> [content goes here] </xml>

The <xml> element can be replaced with encoded, base64, or other namespaced elements providing an safe extension path to other modes.

These changes also have the side effect of making feeds valid RDF.

Unless anyone objects, I'd be happy to submit a patch to the validator.
Aaron Swartz: http://www.aaronsw.com/