Re: Extensions again (was RE: Subjects was: Please forgive some newbie questions...)

Danny Ayers wrote:

While I agree that "subject" is a very useful term in the context of
syndication...

I recommend adding this to the spec for starters

...it's that "for starters" that bothers me.

We can ennumerate all the elements that appear to be useful at this point in
time, but then we run the risk of having 1. a very long list of elements; 2.
not being able to support something useful; 3. having to modify the spec
every time something else that appears useful comes along.

What about doing  subject / categorization as the example   "How to
extend Atom"