Re: What do we get with PUT/DELETE?

On Feb 24, 2004, at 9:18 PM, Ken MacLeod wrote:

Off the top of my head, we get:

In your list, I do not observe any entries that amount to "this will make it easier to implement" or "this will enable features that would not otherwise be possible." Thus you are missing the two most powerful engineering arguments are are facing an up-hill struggle. In fact, it is observable that insisting on PUT & DELETE in fact adds to the difficulty of implementation in some contexts; which seems fatal to me when the arguments in favor are so philosophical. -Tim