Comments on Action:draft-brown-versioning-link-relations-03

some comments on the link relation draft:

2. Terminology

It is not clear to me, what the meaning of 'check out' and 'check in'. Also, the text (IMO) creates the impression that versioning can only take place when 'check out' and 'check in' are applied. However, a resource could also be versioned by the server upon any modification made by a client regardless of any 'checking out' or 'checking in'. The link relations specified would still make sense.

Assuming that 'checking out' and 'checking in' are operations on resources, I think the draft should address how clients achieve these operations. This would at least involve another link relation and specification how to use the linked resource to perform a checkout.

Or am I misunderstanding what the draft is trying to do?

Appendix A

It should be 'working-copy' instead of 'working-resource'.

I am glad to see this happening. Covers a lot of stuff that comes up in almost every project. Thanks.